Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Another day in PCICU


When we were expecting Brinkley I saw a photo of a nursery with this verse on the wall.  I had read this passage many times, but that day it hit me that this is exactly what my Brinkley needs to be reminded of everyday.  When he arrived I made the design that you see here and put it on the wall in his NICU room.  It was always by his bed or in front of him.  Now, I realize that he cannot read or even understand what this means right now, but I know and everyone who came into his room to care for him knew.  I can't wait to get it back up for him.

We'll be waiting a few more days for that room though.  Today the doctors stopped guessing on the number of days.  Brinkley has made it clear that he is going to do this when he is good and ready and not a minute sooner.  He is continuing to make small progressions everyday.  Today his x-rays are getting clearer.  The respiratory treatments appear to be helping.  They also determined that there had been some nicking of surrounding vessels during the surgery.  This is common and is not dangerous.  It has however caused some drainage that is mostly the fat content from his formula.  Because of this, he will be put on a different type of formula until this has time to heal.  This is not a bad thing since I didn't feel like he was tolerating the formula well.  The dietitian was going to help me makes some changes, but I guess Brinkley took care of that for us.  

We are still watching the pacing issue.  Dr. Habib, the attending this week, wants to give that a little more time before making a plan.  Pray that it will take care of its self.  

My sweet Brinkley is chosen and set apart and I can't wait to have him well.  Look out world, here he comes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment