Thursday, April 11, 2013

He's Tricky

This post comes to you for the Hartsfield Jackson International Airport better known as ATL.  I can't believe I am here and that I am alone.  We were really excited about this trip and the chance to introduce Brinkley to his Memphis family. 

It's a little weird roaming through the airport alone.  I've never done this before.  Bittersweet... I want and need the getaway, but I also want to be with my baby.  This will be a tough trip.  A couple of friends are meeting me in Memphis and I am sure that they will keep me company. It'll be a nice girls weekend. 

As for Brinkley, Tuesday we started the gastric testing.  We were under the impression that both of the tests would be that day, but only one happened.  I anticipated the second one happening yesterday (as did the nurses and doctors), however it didn't.  The therapist responsible for that test came by today to prepare and will return tomorrow to do the study.  This is the final piece of the puzzle before the doctors can make a plan. 

Oddly enough the test that was done Tuesday didn't show any reflux.  Apparently it wasn't a very good test or suddenly the medicine is working.  Working very well.  Dr Gwyn's words were, "he's tricky."  He said that Downs often comes with many things that just can't be explained.  My Brink is one of a kind and extra special. 

We anticipate that he may be discharged over the weekend and any procedure (if necessary) would be mid week, possibly in Charleston.

Thank you for your continued prayers!  I'm off to MEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment