Saturday, April 6, 2013

A not so great update

Brinkley had a rough night.  They attempted to start feeding him yesterday afternoon and he did not tolerate it through the night.  He threw up several times and the respiratory issues are much worse. 

We have been through a lot, but I have never seen him this pitiful and miserable.  I've never felt like he was sick before, but he is truly sick now.  It is heartbreaking. 

Feeds have been stopped and the nurse is currently placing an NJ tube.  This runs through his nose into his intestines to by pass the stomach completely.  He has not been able to tolerate food for a week now, so this is necessary to get him nutrition.

Dr Avant just told me to expect this to be a lengthy stay.  We are looking at at least another week.  I pray he starts improving soon.  My heart can't take much more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment