Friday, September 20, 2013

Brinkley's Big 1!

So the big day has come and gone.  Brinkley celebrated his first birthday two weeks ago.  Typically we keep birthday parties pretty low key, but I went a little overboard on this one.  All of the uncertainties that we faced in the last year seemed to help me justify making a big deal out of the little guy's special day.  I had a lot of fun making the food and decorations. 

We had a rainbow mustache theme for the night.  When our guests entered they were greeted by three tables:



We asked the guests to sign a 'stache that was added to a poster with the date .  

We gave each guest a picture of Brinkley to take home.
Of course, we had to make a shameless plug for Team Brinkley!




They may not be the prettiest, but they were good!





Brinkley's monthly banner turned out cuter than I imagined!  



This smiley banner was probably my favorite!



I had a lot of fun making the decorations, but I was most proud of Brinkley's cake.  (The frosting was a disaster.) Here's a before pic of his mustache cake.  



It was the tastiest cake I have ever made and he didn't even taste it.  He LOVED rubbing the frosting on his big brother though!  








We had a great time and enjoyed celebrating Brinkley's big day with our family and friends.  There were days that we weren't really sure if we would get here so it was well worth the extra time and energy.  I told a friend that some days this year seems to have lasted forever and other days it seems to have flown by.  Any way that you look at it, this year has been a blessing that we could have never imagined.  




No comments:

Post a Comment