Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Milestones Galore

It's a quite the happening place here in Holder land.  The little guy has learned to roll over and has discovered that this a viable means of moving about the house.  We keeping finding him in the craziest places.

Here he is under the couch.  We had to lift the skirt to find him!
With this new means of "transportation" he is quite adamant about having plenty of time on the floor to play and explore.  He is oh-so-close to sitting up on his own as well.  We can get a few seconds of steadiness at a time.  My hope is that he will be able to sit for a fair amount of time on his birthday, and that birthday is just a few weeks away!  As you can imagine, I have been working away on plans for Brinkley's big bash!  We are so proud of the progress that he has made and we are so blessed to have such a wonderful team of medical professionals that have helped us get there.  

Tomorrow Brinkley and I will be headed to MUSC for the weekend.  He is having a scope on Friday morning that could potentially be followed by the removal of the tonsils and adenoids.  His tonsils are enlarged and may be contributing to the sleep apnea.  If they are significantly affecting the apnea, they will be removed.  If not we will continue to watch them and reevaluate at a later time.  We are hoping that this will not be necessary as all of our doctors have said that it would be a very rough recovery for Brinkley and would probably set us back quite a bit.  He is doing so well with his therapies and his eating that we don't want to see him lose the progress that he has made.  

Mr Reese has had a big week.  My wild man started kindergarten on Monday.  So far he has enjoyed it and has had green smiles everyday on his behavior report.  We are trying some meds with him and he is excited about starting therapy next for help with sensory processing and controlling his anxiety.

Please join me in praying that Brinkley's stay in Charleston will not stress Reese out and that he will be able to stay focused on doing his best at school.  Also pray for Bryan as he will be managing work and school with a potentially anxious little man.  

Surprisingly everyone held it together on Monday morning as all four of us made the long walk to Reese's class.  He seemed a little nervous (as you can see in the picture above), but he did great.  Bryan didn't even shed a tear.  I must admit that pick up was rough though.  As I sat in the car line my stomach was in knots and I felt nauseous.  I nearly burst into tears praying that he had had a good day and enjoyed school.  It didn't help that he didn't understand when to get in line and a teacher had to go look for him.  As she walked him to the car the solemn look on his face made me even more nervous.  

I asked him about his day and he said, "Mommy, I'm never going back there again."  My heart sank until, in true Reese fashion, he said, "I'm just kidding!  It was great!"  His two complaints were that they had to wait too long for lunch and "they don't have any mattresses, bed-rolls, or blankets, or anything."  Overall, I'd say it was a success!

I love my boys and can't believe how they both grow and change everyday.  It is such a blessing to be a part of their story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment